The Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) is the committee at the European Medicines Agency that is responsible for preparing opinions on questions concerning medicines for veterinary use.
- See the full overview of the CVMP's role.
The members and alternates of the CVMP are nominated by the European Union Member States, in consultation with the Agency's Management Board. They are chosen on the strength of their qualifications and expertise with regard to the evaluation of medicines. They serve on the Committee for a renewable period of three years.
The CVMP is composed of:
- a chair, elected by serving CVMP members;
- one member and an alternate nominated by each of the 28 Member States;
- one member and an alternate nominated by Iceland and by Norway;
- up to five co-opted members, chosen among experts nominated by Member States or the Agency and recruited, when necessary, to provide additional expertise in a particular scientific area.
- See the full meeting plan for the CVMP
How useful is this page?
Average rating:Based on 25 ratings
Add your rating:
- See all ratings
17 ratings3 ratings1 ratings1 ratings3 ratings