The European Medicines Agency operates a trainee programme. The programme gives trainees an understanding of the Agency and its role within the activities of the European Union (EU) and provides professional experience in a working environment.
The trainee programme is aimed at university graduates and at people at the beginning of a new professional career.
Successful candidates will typically have a background relating to the activities of the Agency, such as:
- life sciences;
- information technology.
The Agency also welcomes applications from qualified lawyers with an interest in pharmaceutical regulatory affairs and recently qualified candidates with an interest in human resources, budget and accounts. Candidates with a background in communications, public relations or the web can also apply, as well as people with a background in library and information science.
Trainees must be nationals of an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway, or of a candidate country benefiting from a pre-accession strategy.
- Possession of a university degree or equivalent at the time of applying
- A good command of English and one or more other official EU languages
The application process for the 2014 traineeship intake is now open. The Agency only accepts electronic application forms submitted via e-mail.
Please use Internet Explorer to make sure that the form works properly.
Please submit your completed applications to email@example.com. Applications e-mailed to any other address cannot be considered.
There is one traineeship intake per year starting in October. Earlier or later start dates are not possible. Placements are for between six and nine months.
|Deadline for receipt of application forms||15 June 2014|
|Sending of acknowledgement of receipt||Usually within two weeks|
|Telephone contact with candidates||July-September 2014|
|Contract issued||By end of August 2014|
The Agency pays a maintenance grant of £1350 net per month.
It also pays a travel allowance to compensate for moving and other costs at the start and end of the traineeship.
- Frequently asked questions - Trainees at the European Medicines Agency (25/02/2013)
- Application form - European Medicines Agency traineeship programme 2014 (10/01/2014)
- Trainee programme at the European Medicines Agency (19/12/2012)
- Language skills self assessment grid (03/04/2007)
- Rules governing in-service training at the European Medicines Agency (01/08/2012)
- Data protection statement (06/09/2010)