The role of the European Medicines Agency's Deputy Executive Director is currently shared between Mr Andreas Pott and Mr Noël Wathion.
Mr Pott has worked at the Agency since 2000 as Head of Administration. He was appointed Deputy Executive Director in late 2011.
Career to date:
- Deputy Executive Director, European Medicines Agency (2011-present)
- Head of Information and Communications Technology (ad interim), European Medicines Agency (2011-2012)
- Executive Director (ad interim), European Medicines Agency (2011)
- Head of the Department for Inter-institutional Cooperation, Translation Centre for Bodies of the European Union, Luxembourg (1999-2000)
- Secretariats of the Committee on Research, Technological Development and Energy, the Committee on Budgets, the Bureau and the Conference of Presidents at the European Parliament (1989-1999)
- Teaching and research posts, including a research fellowship at the Institute of Peace Research and Security Policy, University of Hamburg, Germany(1976-1989)
- Certificat de Hautes Études Européennes (economics), College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium (1981)
- Masters degree in political science, history and English, University of Hamburg, Germany (1976)
Mr Wathion has worked at the Agency since 1996. He was appointed Deputy Executive Director in 2016.
Career to date:
- Deputy Executive Director, European Medicines Agency (2016-present)
- Chief Policy Adviser, European Medicines Agency (2013-2016)
- Head of Stakeholders and Communication (ad interim), European Medicines Agency (2013-2016)
- Head of Patient Health Protection, European Medicines Agency (2009-2013)
- Head of Post-Authorisation Evaluation of Medicines for Human Use, European Medicines Agency (2001-2009)
- Head of Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance, European Medicines Agency (1996-2001)
- Belgian Member of the Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products and Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use, European Medicines Agency / Belgian representative on the Pharmaceutical Committee, Standing Committee and Notice to Applicants Working Group, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium (different time intervals, 1987-1996)
- Chief Inspector, acting as Secretary of the Belgian Medicines Commission, Ministry of Social Affairs, Public Health and Environment, Public Health Inspectorate, Brussels, Belgium (1987-1996)
- Pharmacist, Apotheek Bijnens Gerard, Genk, Belgium (1981-1987)
- Pharmacist, Free University Brussels, Belgium (1979)
How useful is this page?
Average rating:Based on 8 ratings
Add your rating:
- See all ratings
2 ratings0 ratings1 ratings0 ratings5 ratings