European Medicines Agency launches new website
15/07/2010 - The European Medicines Agency today unveiled its new corporate website at www.ema.europa.eu. The site has been completely redesigned and rebuilt to optimise usability for the Agency's key online audiences and build on existing activities to improve openness and transparency.
The Agency website now receives an average of half a million unique visits per month and is a key resource for patients, healthcare professionals, regulators and those interested in the regulation and safety of medicines in the European Union.
Some of the website’s new features include:
- Quick medicine searches: allow you to search for human and veterinary medicines by name and active substance and for herbal medicinal substances by name;
- An online library: enables you to search for all Agency documents currently online through a search on title and date published online;
- Improved navigation: more intuitive labelling and improved organisation of content so that browsing is quicker for all audience groups;
- Audience landing pages: flags information of specific value to different key users;
- Online calendar and news search: allows you to keep up to date with the latest news and events at the Agency;
- RSS feeds: brings information straight to you as soon as it is published online.
Through 2010 and 2011 the Agency will continue to work on improving the website by increasing the use of multimedia and improving search functionalities.