European Medicines Agency launches call for expression of interest from healthcare professional organisations
The European Medicines Agency has launched a call for expressions of interest from European healthcare professional organisations interested in becoming involved in the Agency's work.
The call, launched today, follows the endorsement of the framework for interaction with healthcare professionals by the Agency's Management Board in December 2011. This framework sets out the Agency's plans for regular interaction with healthcare professional organisations.
Organisations interested in becoming involved should complete the application form and send it to the Agency together with supporting information. To be accepted for involvement, organisations must meet the following criteria, to make sure that the Agency only establishes contact with the most adequate organisations representing healthcare professionals in the EU:
- legitimacy, with statutes registered in the European Union (EU);
- clear mission and objectives with an interest in medicines;
- being representative of healthcare professionals throughout the EU;
- adequate structure and consultation modalities;
The Agency has been interacting with European healthcare professionals since it was founded in 1995. The current call is part of the formalisation of this relationship, making it more structured and complete. As part of this process, the Agency will transform its Healthcare Professionals’ Working Group (HCPWG), which has been meeting since 2006, into a working party with links to all scientific committees dealing with human medicines.
How useful is this page?
Average rating:Based on 0 ratings
Add your rating:
- See all ratings
0 ratings0 ratings0 ratings0 ratings0 ratings
- Healthcare professionals
- Getting involved
- European Medicines Agency formalises interaction with healthcare professionals (19/12/2011)
- Framework for interaction between the European Medicines Agency and healthcare professionals (19/12/2011)
- Criteria to be fulfilled by healthcare professionals' organisations involved in European Medicines Agency activities (19/12/2011)
- Application / re-evaluation form for the involvement of healthcare professionals’ organisations in the activities of the European Medicines Agency (29/11/2012)