European Medicines Agency now publishing meeting agendas for all scientific committees
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) is publishing, for the first time, the agendas of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) and the Committee for Advanced Therapies (CAT). The minutes of each of these meetings held in December will be published once they have been adopted by the relevant Committee at its meeting in January. It will then be standard practice to publish the agendas at the start of each meeting and the minutes after their adoption the following month.
This follows last week’s Management Board meeting, which cleared the way for the publication of the agendas and minutes of these three remaining EMA scientific committees. It is the final step of a process launched by the Agency in July 2012 that has already been implemented for its four other scientific committees.
“Openness of our operations is one of my key objectives. As part of this, we promised in July 2012 to start publishing agendas and minutes of all seven of our scientific committees by the end of 2013, and we are now delivering on this objective. Achieving our plan for all committees, including those giving recommendations on the marketing authorisation of medicines, the CHMP and CVMP, is a major milestone in this transparency initiative,” said Guido Rasi, Executive Director of the EMA.
“We see transparency as a priority as it is the basis for public confidence and trust in the Agency and the European Union system for the evaluation of medicines,” he added.
The Agency started publishing the agendas and minutes of its scientific committee meetings with the Paediatric Committee (PDCO) and the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) in July 2012, followed by the Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products (COMP) in September 2012 and the Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) in September 2013.
The CHMP and CAT agendas include an explanatory note, which outlines the main sections and headings in both agendas.
|Name||Language||First published||Last updated|
|European Medicines Agency now publishing meeting agendas for all scientific committees||(English only)||2013-12-17|
How useful is this page?
Average rating:Based on 0 ratings
Add your rating:
- See all ratings
0 ratings0 ratings0 ratings0 ratings0 ratings
- Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP): 16-19 December 2013
- Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP): 10-12 December 2013
- Committee for Advanced Therapies (CAT): 11-13 December 2013
- Management Board meeting: 11-12 December 2013
- European Medicines Agency’s Management Board endorses work programme 2014 (17/12/2013)
- European Medicines Agency announces plan to publish committee agendas and minutes (18/07/2012)
- Agenda - CHMP agenda of the 16-19 December 2013 meeting (2013-12-17)
- Agenda - CVMP agenda of the 10-12 December 2013 meeting (2013-12-17)
- Agenda - CAT agenda of the 12-13 December 2013 meeting (2013-12-17)
Monika Benstetter or Martin Harvey
Tel. +44 (0)2074 188427