The information on this website is subject to a disclaimer and copyright and limited reproduction notices.
The European Medicines Agency maintains this website to enhance public access to information on its activities. The Agency's goal is to keep this information and material timely and accurate. If errors are brought to its attention, the Agency will try to correct them.
However, the Agency accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any direct or consequential loss or damage that might occur to you and/or any other third party) arising out of, or in connection, with the information on this site, including information relating to the documents it publishes.
In particular, the Agency is indemnified from and against all costs, proceedings, claims, expenses and liabilities whatsoever arising from any breach by any legal or natural person as a result of any representation or warranty providing to be a misrepresentation.
The information the Agency provides is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the Agency has no control and for which the Agency assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice.
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available online reproduces an officially adopted text precisely. Thus, in case of disagreement, the official adopted text will always prevail.
It is the Agency's goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on the website may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free. The Agency cannot guarantee that its service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The Agency accepts no responsibility whatsoever with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this website.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the Agency in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
European Medicines Agency copyright and limited reproduction notices
The contents of these webpages are © EMA [1995-2014].
In particular, unless otherwise stated, the Agency, according to current European Union and international legislation1, is the owner of copyright and other intellectual property rights for documents and other content published on this website.
Information and documents made available on the Agency's webpages are public and may be reproduced and/or distributed, totally or in part, irrespective of the means and/or the formats used, for non-commercial and commercial purposes, provided that the Agency is always acknowledged as the source of the material. Such acknowledgement must be included in each copy of the material.
Citations may be made from such material without prior permission, provided the source is always acknowledged.
The above-mentioned permissions do not apply to content supplied by third parties. Therefore, for documents where the copyright vests in a third party, permission for reproduction must be obtained from this copyright holder.
European medicines web portal
The Agency’s website will serve as the European medicines web portal for the dissemination of information on medicinal products authorised in the European Union and shall make public all relevant information in accordance with Article 26 of Regulation (EC) No 726/2004, as amended by Regulation (EU) No 1235/2010.
The European Medicines Agency logo is the exclusive property of the European Medicines Agency. Its use is prohibited without the prior written permission of the Agency. More information is available in Logo and visual identity.
Citing this website
To cite material from the Agency's website, please list it with the URL, and the month and year you accessed it, as in the following example:
European Medicines Agency: EMA/MB/69923/2010 - Annual report of the European Medicines Agency 2009. http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Annual_report/2010/05/WC500090712.pdf, May 2010
Links to this website
The Agency encourages organisations and individuals to create links to its website under the following conditions:
- Links must not be used in a defamatory context.
- Linked information must not be changed in any way.
- Linked information to ema.europa.eu should not be displayed in a manner which suggests endorsement of any commercial product or service.
- Linked information to ema.europa.eu should not be displayed alongside advertising.
1 Relevant legislation:
- Directive 2001/29/EC of the Parliament and of the Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society
- Berne convention for the protection of literary and artistic works as revised in 1971
- World Trade Organization trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights (TRIPS agreement) signed on April 1994
- World Intellectual Property Organization copyright treaty of 1996.