Central Nervous System Working Party
The European Medicines Agency's Central Nervous System Working Party carries out specific tasks related to issues related to the central nervous system. It was set up by the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP).
The Working Party's work includes:
- preparing, reviewing and updating of guidelines and concept papers;
- contributing to Scientific Advice Working Party activities upon request;
- contributing to product-related assessment following specific CHMP requests;
- preparing specific position papers and question-and-answer documents following specific CHMP requests;
- interacting with stakeholders under the supervision of the CHMP;
- European and international cooperation under the supervision of the CHMP;
- contributing to other committees' needs;
- training assessors.
Mandate, rules of procedure and work programme
More information on the Working Party's responsibilities and composition is available in these documents:
- Mandate, objectives and rules of procedure for the temporary working parties and drafting groups
- Work plan 2018
Update: In 2019, EMA is temporarily suspending or scaling back certain activities due to Brexit. For more information, see EMA’s business continuity plan.
The Working Party is composed of European experts selected from or associated with the national agencies with specific expertise in issues related to the central nervous system. Nominations for members are adopted by the CHMP.
Additional experts may also be invited to participate in the work of the Working Party for particular topics for which specific expertise is required.
Below (in alphabetical order of surname) are the current members of the Central Nervous System Working Party. The members' declarations of interests are available in the European expert list.
- Karl Broich
- Mario Miguel Coelho da Silva Rosa
- Fernando de Andrés Trelles
- Catherine Deguines
- André Elferink (Vice-Chair)
- Christine Gispen-de Wied
- Marion Haberkamp
- Darius Matusevicius
- Gabriele Schlosser-Weber