Antimicrobials Working Party
The Antimicrobials Working Party (AWP) provides advice to the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) on matters concerning the use and authorisation of antimicrobials. On request of the CVMP, the AWP also provides recommendations relating to the development of guidelines on antimicrobial resistance.
Mandate, rules of procedure and work programme
More information on the AWP's responsibilities and composition are available in these documents:
The AWP is composed of a small group of experts on antimicrobials, nominated by the CVMP or the Agency.
Members of the working party have expertise in:
- antimicrobial resistance, including:
- methodology, breakpoints, minimum inhibitory concentrations, cut-off values, reporting of resistance;
- resistance patterns in zoonotic pathogens and indicators;
- antimicrobial-resistance risk assessment;
- efficacy of antimicrobials and use of antimicrobials in different target animal species (especially poultry, pigs and cattle);
- molecular biology.
Below (in alphabetical order of surname) are the current members of the working group. The members' declarations of interests are available in the European expert list.
- Keith Baptiste
- Damien Bouchard
- Boudewijn Catry
- Miguel A Moreno
- Constanca Pomba
- Merja Rantala
- Modestas Ruzauskas
- Pascal Sanders
- Christine Schwarz (Chair)
- Christopher Teale
- Engeline van Duijkeren
- Astrid Louise Wester