Geriatric Expert Group
The Geriatric Expert Group (GEG) provides scientific advice to the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) and the European Medicines Agency secretariat on issues related to the elderly.
Its work includes:
- giving input related to geriatrics on guidelines under consultation;
- giving advice on geriatric aspects of the development, assessment or safety monitoring of medicines;
- taking part in meetings where expertise on geriatrics is needed;
- contributing to the geriatric implementation plan.
Mandate, rules of procedure and work programme
More information on the GEG's responsibilities and composition are available in this document:
Below (in alphabetical order of surname) are the current members of the GEG. The members' declarations of interests are available in the European expert list.
- Antonio Cherubini
- Maria Silvia De Orbe Izquierdo
- Adalsteinn Gudmundsson
- Susan Morgan
- Mirko Petrovic
- Elina Rönnemaa
- Hans Wildiers