This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Ozempic. It explains how the Agency assessed the medicine to recommend its authorisation in the EU and its conditions of use. It is not intended to provide practical advice on how to use Ozempic.
For practical information about using Ozempic, patients should read the package leaflet or contact their doctor or pharmacist.
Ozempic : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/76.14 KB)
First published: 21/02/2018
Last updated: 21/02/2018
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Novo Nordisk A/S
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
30/05/2018 Ozempic - EMEA/H/C/004174 - II/0002/G
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Drugs used in diabetes
Treatment of adults with insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise:
- as monotherapy when metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications;
- in addition to other medicinal products for the treatment of diabetes.
For study results with respect to combinations, effects on glycaemic control and cardiovascular events, and the populations studied, see sections 4.4, 4.5 and 5.1.