Immunologicals Working Party
The Immunologicals Working Party (IWP) provides recommendations to the Committee for Veterinary Medicinal Products (CVMP) on all matters relating directly or indirectly to immunological veterinary medicinal products (IVMPs).
Responsibilities and composition
The group’s responsibilities include:
- preparing, reviewing and updating guidelines;
- supporting medicines evaluation;
- providing scientific advice on matters relating to IVMPs at the request of the CVMP;
- liaising with interested parties, such as the International Federation for Animal Health (IFAH) Europe and the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines and Healthcare (EDQM);
- international co-operation on IVMP-related matters;
- providing of advice, through the CVMP, to the European Commission on IVMP-related issues;
- contributing to workshops and training relating to IVMPs and their assessment;
In 2023, the group is focusing on developing and revising guidance documents to support implementation of the European Union (EU) Veterinary Medicines Regulation. For more information on these activities see:
The IWP is composed of European experts nominated and appointed by CVMP. Additional observers may also attend the meetings of the working party, if required.
More information on the IWP's responsibilities, composition and procedures is available in the following document: