Frequently asked questions
Table of contents
- Medicines and their evaluation
- Availability of medicines
- Reporting suspected side effects
- Medical advice
- Clinical trials
- Medical devices
- Herbal medicines
- Food supplements and cosmetics
- EMA's fees
- Transparency and competing interests
- Pricing, advertising, sales and patents
- The European Medicines Agency
- This website
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) answers frequently asked questions (FAQs) about its work and scope.
You can find these FAQs in English, but it is also possible to download translations in all European Union languages. For that, you can check the section 'Translations of this webpage' at the bottom of the page and select your preferred language.
If the information you're looking for is not here, please send a question to EMA.
If you're a journalist or other media representative EMA invites you to contact the Agency's press office.