Alymsys is a cancer medicine that is used to treat adults with the following cancers:
- cancer of the colon (large bowel) or the rectum, when it has spread to other parts of the body;
- breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body;
- a type of lung cancer called non-small cell lung cancer when it is advanced or has spread or come back, and cannot be treated with surgery. Alymsys can be used in non-small cell lung cancer unless the cancer originates in cells called squamous cells;
- cancer of the kidney (renal cell carcinoma) that is advanced or has spread elsewhere;
- cancer of the ovary or associated structures (the fallopian tube that carries the egg from the ovary to the womb, and the peritoneum, the membrane that lines the abdomen) that is advanced or has come back after treatment;
- cancer of the cervix (the neck of the womb) that has persisted or come back after treatment, or has spread to other parts of the body.
Alymsys is used in combination with other cancer medicines, depending on the nature of any previous treatments or the presence of mutations (genetic changes) in the cancer that affect how well particular medicines work.
Alymsys is a ‘biosimilar medicine’. This means that Alymsys is highly similar to another biological medicine (the ‘reference medicine’) that is already authorised in the EU. The reference medicine for Alymsys is Avastin.
Alymsys contains the active substance bevacizumab.
Alymsys : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/116.24 KB)
First published: 26/04/2021
Alymsys : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/114.67 KB)
First published: 26/04/2021
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Mabxience Research SL
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
C/ Manuel Pombo Angulo 28
12/12/2022 Alymsys - EMEA/H/C/005286 - PSUSA/00000403/202202
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Alymsys in combination with fluoropyrimidine based chemotherapy is indicated for treatment of adult patients with metastatic carcinoma of the colon or rectum.
Alymsys in combination with paclitaxel is indicated for first line treatment of adult patients with metastatic breast cancer.
Alymsys in combination with capecitabine is indicated for first line treatment of adult patients with metastatic breast cancer in whom treatment with other chemotherapy options including taxanes or anthracyclines is not considered appropriate. Patients who have received taxane and anthracycline containing regimens in the adjuvant setting within the last 12 months should be excluded from treatment with Alymsys in combination with capecitabine.
Alymsys, in addition to platinum based chemotherapy, is indicated for first line treatment of adult patients with unresectable advanced, metastatic or recurrent non small cell lung cancer other than predominantly squamous cell histology.
Alymsys, in combination with erlotinib, is indicated for first line treatment of adult patients with unresectable advanced, metastatic or recurrent non squamous non small cell lung cancer with Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) activating mutations.
Alymsys in combination with interferon alfa 2a is indicated for first line treatment of adult patients with advanced and/or metastatic renal cell cancer.
Alymsys, in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel is indicated for the front line treatment of adult patients with advanced (International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) stages III B, III C and IV) epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer.
Alymsys, in combination with carboplatin and gemcitabine or in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel, is indicated for treatment of adult patients with first recurrence of platinum sensitive epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer who have not received prior therapy with bevacizumab or other VEGF inhibitors or VEGF receptor targeted agents.
Alymsys, in combination with topotecan, or pegylated liposomal doxorubicin is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with platinum resistant recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer who received no more than two prior chemotherapy regimens and who have not received prior therapy with bevacizumab or other VEGF inhibitors or VEGF receptor targeted agents.
Alymsys, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or, alternatively, paclitaxel and topotecan in patients who cannot receive platinum therapy, is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with persistent, recurrent, or metastatic carcinoma of the cervix.