Table of contents
This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Azopt. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Azopt.
Azopt : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/74.45 KB)
First published: 11/07/2008
Last updated: 18/06/2014
Azopt : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/102.36 KB) (new)
First published: 24/03/2023
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Novartis Europharm Limited
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
14/10/2022 Azopt - EMEA/H/C/000267 - IB/0076
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Azopt is indicated to decrease elevated intraocular pressure in:
- ocular hypertension;
- open-angle glaucomaas monotherapy in adult patients unresponsive to beta-blockers or in adult patients in whom beta-blockers are contraindicated, or as adjunctive therapy to beta-blockers or prostaglandin analogues.