This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Bondronat. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Bondronat.
Bondronat : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/82.89 KB)
First published: 09/06/2008
Last updated: 13/05/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Atnahs Pharma Netherlands B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
19/05/2023 Bondronat - EMEA/H/C/000101 - IB/0091/G
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Drugs for treatment of bone diseases
Bondronat is indicated for:
- prevention of skeletal events (pathological fractures, bone complications requiring radiotherapy or surgery) in patients with breast cancer and bone metastases;
- treatment of tumour-induced hypercalcaemia with or without metastases.