Capecitabine Accord is a cancer medicine that is used to treat:
- colon (large bowel) cancer. Capecitabine Accord is used on its own or with other cancer medicines in patients who have had surgery for stage III or Dukes’ stage C colon cancer;
- metastatic colorectal cancer (cancer of the large bowel that has spread to other parts of the body). Capecitabine Accord is used on its own or with other cancer medicines;
- advanced gastric (stomach) cancer. Capecitabine Accord is used with other cancer medicines, including a platinum-containing cancer medicine such as cisplatin;
- locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer (breast cancer that has begun to spread to other parts of the body). Capecitabine Accord is used with docetaxel (another cancer medicine) after treatment with anthracyclines (another type of cancer medicine) has failed. It can also be used on its own when treatment with both anthracyclines and taxanes (another type of cancer medicine) has failed or when further treatment with anthracyclines is not suitable for the patient.
Capecitabine Accord is a ‘generic’ and a ‘hybrid’ medicine. This means that it is similar to a ‘reference medicine’, but it contains capecitabine at a new strength in addition to existing strengths. While the reference medicine, Xeloda, is available as 150 and 500 mg tablets, Capecitabine Accord is also available as 300 mg tablets.
Capecitabine Accord contains the active substance capecitabine.
Capecitabine Accord : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/189.14 KB)
First published: 07/05/2012
Last updated: 03/08/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
This is a generic medicine, which is developed to be the same as a medicine that has already been authorised, called the reference medicine. A generic medicine contains the same active substance(s) as the reference medicine, and is used at the same dose(s) to treat the same disease(s). For more information, see Generic and hybrid medicines.
Accord Healthcare S.L.U.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
World Trade Center
26/03/2021 Capecitabine Accord - EMEA/H/C/002386 - IAIN/0040/G
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Capecitabine Accord is indicated for the adjuvant treatment of patients following surgery of stage-III (Dukes’ stage-C) colon cancer.
Capecitabine Accord is indicated for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.
Capecitabine Accord is indicated for first-line treatment of advanced gastric cancer in combination with a platinum-based regimen.
Capecitabine Accord in combination with docetaxel is indicated for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer after failure of cytotoxic chemotherapy. Previous therapy should have included an anthracycline.
Capecitabine Accord is also indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer after failure of taxanes and an anthracycline containing chemotherapy regimen or for whom further anthracycline therapy is not indicated.