Cinacalcet Accordpharma is a medicine used to treat:
- secondary hyperparathyroidism (overactive parathyroid glands) in adults and children aged 3 years and older with serious kidney disease who need dialysis (to clear their blood of waste products);
- hypercalcaemia (high blood calcium levels) in adults with cancer of the parathyroid glands or with primary hyperparathyroidism when the parathyroid glands cannot be removed.
In hyperparathyroidism, the parathyroid glands in the neck produce too much parathyroid hormone (PTH), which can lead to high levels of blood calcium, bone and joint pain and deformities of the arms and legs. ‘Secondary’ means that it is caused by another condition (serious kidney disease) while ‘primary’ means there is no other cause.
Cinacalcet Accordpharma contains the active substance cinacalcet and is a ‘generic medicine’. This means that Cinacalcet Accordpharma contains the same active substance and works in the same way as a ‘reference medicine’ already authorised in the EU called Mimpara.
Cinacalcet Accordpharma : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/168.03 KB)
First published: 15/04/2020
Cinacalcet Accordpharma : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/177.38 KB)
First published: 15/04/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
This is a generic medicine, which is developed to be the same as a medicine that has already been authorised, called the reference medicine. A generic medicine contains the same active substance(s) as the reference medicine, and is used at the same dose(s) to treat the same disease(s). For more information, see Generic and hybrid medicines.
Accord Healthcare S.L.U.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
World Trade Center
26/01/2022 Cinacalcet Accordpharma - EMEA/H/C/005236 - IA/0003
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (HPT) in adult patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) on maintenance dialysis therapy.
Treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (HPT) in children aged 3 years and older with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) on maintenance dialysis therapy in whom secondary HPT is not adequately controlled with standard of care therapy (see section 4.4).
Cinacalcet Accordpharma may be used as part of a therapeutic regimen including phosphate binders and/or Vitamin D sterols, as appropriate (see section 5.1).
Parathyroid carcinoma and primary hyperparathyroidism in adults
Reduction of hypercalcaemia in adult patients with:
- parathyroid carcinoma.
- primary HPT for whom parathyroidectomy would be indicated on the basis of serum calcium levels (as defined by relevant treatment guidelines), but in whom parathyroidectomy is not clinically appropriate or is contraindicated.