Desloratadine ratiopharm is a medicine used in adults to relieve the symptoms of the following conditions:
- allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal passages caused by an allergy, for example hay fever or allergy to dust mites).
- chronic idiopathic urticaria (a recurrent skin condition with symptoms including itching and hives) as diagnosed by a doctor. ‘Idiopathic’ means that the cause of the disease is unknown.
Desloratadine ratiopharm contains the active substance desloratadine and is a ‘generic medicine’. This means that Desloratadine ratiopharm contains the same active substance and works in the same way as a ‘reference medicine’ already authorised in the EU called Aerius. For more information on generic medicines, see the question-and-answer document below.
Desloratadine ratiopharm : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/105.35 KB)
First published: 07/02/2012
Last updated: 03/02/2021
Desloratadine ratiopharm : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/31.63 KB)
First published: 03/12/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
This is a generic medicine, which is developed to be the same as a medicine that has already been authorised, called the reference medicine. A generic medicine contains the same active substance(s) as the reference medicine, and is used at the same dose(s) to treat the same disease(s). For more information, see Generic and hybrid medicines.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
22/06/2022 Desloratadine ratiopharm - EMEA/H/C/002404 - N/0030
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Antihistamines for systemic use
Desloratadine ratiopharm is indicated in adults for the relief of symptoms associated with:
- allergic rhinitis
- chronic idiopathic urticaria as initially diagnosed by a physician