This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Giotrif. It explains how the European Medicines Agency assessed the medicine to recommend its authorisation in the European Union (EU) and its conditions of use. It is not intended to provide practical advice on how to use Giotrif.
For practical information about using Giotrif, patients should read the package leaflet or contact their doctor or pharmacist.
Giotrif : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/80.92 KB)
First published: 16/10/2013
Last updated: 24/05/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Carcinoma, Non-Small-Cell Lung
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
28/11/2019 Giotrif - EMEA/H/C/002280 - II/0031
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Giotrif as monotherapy is indicated for the treatment of
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) TKI-naïve adult patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with activating EGFR mutation(s);
- locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC of squamous histology progressing on or after platinum-based chemotherapy.