Table of contents
Lenvima is a cancer medicine used to treat adults with:
- differentiated thyroid carcinoma, a type of cancer originating from the follicular cells of the thyroid gland. Lenvima is used on its own when the cancer has progressed or spread locally or to other parts of the body, and does not respond to treatment with radioactive iodine;
- hepatocellular carcinoma (a type of liver cancer). It is used on its own in patients who did not previously receive a cancer medicine by mouth or by injection and whose cancer is advanced or cannot be removed by surgery;
- endometrial carcinoma (cancer of the lining of the womb). It is used together with another cancer medicine, pembrolizumab, in patients whose disease is advanced or has come back after previous treatment involving platinum-based cancer medicines, when surgery or radiation to cure the cancer is not possible.
Lenvima contains the active substance lenvatinib.
Lenvima : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/145.19 KB)
First published: 25/06/2015
Last updated: 01/12/2021
Lenvima : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/92.8 KB)
First published: 25/06/2015
Last updated: 25/06/2015
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
This medicine had an accelerated assessment. This means that it is a medicine of major interest for public health, so its timeframe for review was 150 evaluation days rather than 210. For more information, see Accelerated assessment.
This medicine is under additional monitoring, meaning that it is monitored even more intensively than other medicines. For more information, see Medicines under additional monitoring.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
09/03/2023 Lenvima - EMEA/H/C/003727 - II/0049
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Lenvima is indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with progressive, locally advanced or metastatic, differentiated (papillary/follicular/Hürthle cell) thyroid carcinoma (DTC), refractory to radioactive iodine (RAI).
Lenvima is indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with advanced or unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have received no prior systemic therapy.
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 11-14 October 202115/10/2021