Liprolog is a range of insulin medicines used to treat patients who have diabetes and need insulin to keep their blood glucose (sugar) level controlled, including patients whose diabetes has just been diagnosed.
Liprolog medicines contain the active substance insulin lispro on its own or combined with protamine to make it longer acting:
- Liprolog (100 units/ml): standard-strength insulin lispro (fast-acting);
- Liprolog (200 units/ml): high-strength insulin lispro (fast-acting);
- Liprolog Mix25 (100 units/ml): 25% insulin lispro (fast-acting) and 75% insulin lispro protamine (longer-acting);
- Liprolog Mix50 (100 units/ml): 50% insulin lispro (fast-acting) and 50% insulin lispro protamine (longer-acting).
Liprolog : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/135.31 KB)
First published: 26/09/2009
Last updated: 18/03/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Eli Lilly Nederland B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Eli Lilly Nederland BV
NL-3991 RA Houten
04/09/2020 Liprolog - EMEA/H/C/000393 - WS/1909
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Drugs used in diabetes
For the treatment of adults and children with diabetes mellitus who require insulin for the maintenance of normal glucose homeostasis. Liprolog is also indicated for the initial stabilisation of diabetes mellitus.