Table of contents
This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Palonosetron Accord. It explains how the Agency assessed the medicine to recommend its authorisation in the EU and its conditions of use. It is not intended to provide practical advice on how to use Palonosetron Accord.
For practical information about using Palonosetron Accord, patients should read the package leaflet or contact their doctor or pharmacist.
Palonosetron Accord : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/169.3 KB)
First published: 08/06/2016
Last updated: 08/06/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
This is a generic medicine, which is developed to be the same as a medicine that has already been authorised, called the reference medicine. A generic medicine contains the same active substance(s) as the reference medicine, and is used at the same dose(s) to treat the same disease(s). For more information, see Generic and hybrid medicines.
Accord Healthcare S.L.U.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Accord Healthcare S.L.U.
10/01/2022 Palonosetron Accord - EMEA/H/C/004129 - IA/0010
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Antiemetics and antinauseants
Palonosetron Accord is indicated in adults for:
- the prevention of acute nausea and vomiting associated with highly emetogenic cancer chemotherapy,
- the prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with moderately emetogenic cancer chemotherapy.
Palonosetron Accord is indicated in paediatric patients 1 month of age and older for:
- The prevention of acute nausea and vomiting associated with highly emetogenic cancer chemotherapy and prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with moderately emetogenic cancer chemotherapy.