The marketing authorisation for Panretin has been withdrawn at the request of the marketing-authorisation holder.
Panretin : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/637.1 KB)
First published: 29/05/2007
Last updated: 02/07/2018
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
24/01/2019 Panretin - EMEA/H/C/000279 - IAIN/0045
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Panretin gel is indicated for the topical treatment of cutaneous lesions in patients with acquired-immune-deficiency-syndrome (AIDS)-related Kaposi's sarcoma (KS) when:
- lesions are not ulcerated or lymphoedematous, and;
- treatment of visceral KS is not required, and;
- lesions are not responding to systemic antiretroviral therapy, and;
- radiotherapy or chemotherapy are not appropriate.