This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Pritor. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Pritor.
Pritor : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/84.75 KB)
First published: 28/05/2009
Last updated: 05/11/2015
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
26/11/2020 Pritor - EMEA/H/C/000210 - WS/1950
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Agents acting on the renin-angiotensin system
Treatment of essential hypertension in adults.
Reduction of cardiovascular morbidity in patients with:
- manifest atherothrombotic cardiovascular disease (history of coronary heart disease, stroke, or peripheral arterial disease) or;
- type-2 diabetes mellitus with documented target-organ damage.
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 17-20 October 201121/10/2011
European Medicines Agency concludes that benefit-risk balance of angiotensin-II-receptor antagonists remains positive20/10/2011
European Medicines Agency recommendation on use of angiotensin-II-receptor antagonists during pregnancy24/04/2008