fluticasone furoate / vilanterol
Relvar Ellipta is an inhaler for treating asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
In asthma, it is used for regular treatment of patients from 12 years of age:
- whose symptoms are not controlled with an inhaled corticosteroid and an inhaled short-acting beta-2 agonist;
- whose symptoms are adequately controlled with both inhaled corticosteroids and a long-acting beta-2 agonist.
In COPD, it is used in adults who have flare-ups of the disease despite regular bronchodilator treatment (treatment to widen the airways).
Relvar Ellipta contains the active substances fluticasone furoate and vilanterol.
Relvar Ellipta : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/76.82 KB)
First published: 10/12/2013
Last updated: 25/04/2018
Relvar Ellipta : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/682.36 KB)
First published: 07/06/2018
Last updated: 20/08/2018
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Limited
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
16/02/2021 Relvar Ellipta - EMEA/H/C/002673 - IG/1341/G
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Relvar Ellipta is indicated in the regular treatment of asthma in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and older, where use of a combination product (long-acting beta2-agonist and inhaled corticosteroid) is appropriate:
- patients not adequately controlled with inhaled corticosteroids and “as needed” inhaled short acting beta2-agonists.
- patients already adequately controlled on both inhaled corticosteroid and long-acting beta2-agonist.
Relvar Ellipta is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of adults with COPD with a FEV1 <70% predicted normal (post-bronchodilator) in patients with an exacerbation history despite bronchodilator therapy.