This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Zytiga. It explains how the Agency assessed the medicine to recommend its authorisation in the EU and its conditions of use. It is not intended to provide practical advice on how to use Zytiga.
For practical information about using Zytiga, patients should read the package leaflet or contact their doctor or pharmacist.
Zytiga : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/82.84 KB)
First published: 23/09/2011
Last updated: 12/01/2018
Zytiga : EPAR - Risk Management Plan (PDF/72.35 MB)
First published: 06/12/2022
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Janssen-Cilag International N.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
28/06/2022 Zytiga - EMEA/H/C/002321 - IB/0067/G
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Zytiga is indicated with prednisone or prednisolone for:
- the treatment of metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer in adult men who are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic after failure of androgen deprivation therapy in whom chemotherapy is not yet clinically indicated
- the treatment of metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer in adult men whose disease has progressed on or after a docetaxel based chemotherapy regimen.