On 20 June 2005, orphan designation (EU/3/05/288) was granted by the European Commission to A Carlsson Research AB, Sweden, for 4-[3-(methylsulfonyl)phenyl]-1-propylpiperidine x HC1 for the treatment of Huntington's disease.
The sponsorship was transferred as follows:
- to NSAB, Filial af NeuroSearch Sweden AB, Sverige, Denmark in July 2009;
- to Teva Pharma GmbH, Germany, in April 2013;
- to Teva GmbH, Germany, in November 2016;
- to Clinical Technology Centre (Ireland) Limited, Ireland, in February 2019 and
- to Granzer Regulatory Consulting & Services, Germany, in July 2020.
This medicine is now known as pridopidine hydrochloride.
4-[3-(Methylsulfonyl)phenyl]-1-propylpiperidine x HC1 (pridopidine hydrochloride)
|Disease / condition||
Treatment of Huntington’s disease
|Date of first decision||
|EU designation number||
Sponsor's contact details
For contact details of patients’ organisations whose activities are targeted at rare diseases, see:
European Organisation for Rare Diseases (EURORDIS), a non-governmental alliance of patient organisations and individuals active in the field of rare diseases.
Orphanet, a database containing information on rare diseases, which includes a directory of patients’ organisations registered in Europe.