- Procedure started
- Under evaluation
- CHMP opinion
- European Commission final decision
The European Medicines Agency has completed an arbitration procedure following a disagreement among Member States of the European Union (EU) regarding the authorisation of the medicine Clopidogrel Orion and associated names.
The Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has concluded that the benefits of Clopidogrel Orion outweigh its risks, and the marketing authorisation can be granted in Germany and in the following Member States of the EU: the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Norway, Slovakia and Sweden.
A European Commission decision on this opinion will be issued in due course.
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
Article 29(4) referrals
This type of referral is triggered when there is a disagreement between Member States regarding a marketing authorisation application being evaluated in a mutual-recognition or decentralised procedure, on the grounds of a potential serious risk to public health.
European Commission final decision
|EC decision date||
Questions and answers on Clopidogrel Orion and associated names (clopidogrel 75 mg tablets) (PDF/107.42 KB)Adopted
First published: 20/02/2010
Last updated: 09/09/2011
Clopidogrel Orion - Article 29 Referral - Annex I, II, III (PDF/54.11 KB)Adopted
First published: 08/09/2011
Last updated: 08/09/2011
- Questions and answers (Q&A) - easy-to-understand summary of key issues and Committee conclusions
- Summary of Opinion - contains the CHMP opinion of the referred medicine(s)
- List of the medicines affected by the referral (Annex I)
- Scientific conclusions of the Committee (Annex II)
The following two documents are sometimes available:
- Changes to the summary of product characteristics, labeling or package leaflet (also known as Annex III) - available when changes havebeen recommended by the Committee
- Conditions of the marketing authorisation (also known as Annex IV) - available when the Committee recommends measures to be takenfor the marketing authorisation(s) such as safety measures or extra studies