Aivlosin is an antibiotic used to treat a number of infectious diseases in pigs, chickens, pheasants and turkeys.
In pigs, Aivlosin is used to treat and for metaphylaxis of several infections caused by bacteria that affect the lungs (i.e. swine enzootic pneumonia) or the intestinal tract (swine dysentery or porcine proliferative enteropathy). Metaphylaxis means giving a medicine to a group of animals, aiming to treat animals sick with an infection while controlling spread of the infection among the rest, some of whom may already be infected. Aivlosin improves the health and weight of the animals but it may not eliminate completely the bacteria that caused lung infection.
In chickens and pheasants, Aivlosin is used for treatment and metaphylaxis of lung infections caused by the bacterium Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
In turkeys, Aivlosin is used to treat lung infections caused by a bacterium, Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale, which can cause illness when it is complicated by other viral and bacterial infections.
Aivlosin contains the active substance tylvalosin (previously called acetylisovaleryltylosin).
Aivlosin : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/147.59 KB)
First published: 09/01/2010
Last updated: 19/10/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
ECO Animal Health Europe Limited
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
12/11/2020 Aivlosin - EMEA/V/C/000083 - IAIN/0084
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Antiinfectives for systemic use
Antibacterials for systemic use
- Treatment and methaphylaxis of swine enzootic pneumonia;
- Treatment of porcine proliferative enteropathy (ileitis);
- Treatment and methaphylaxis of swine dysentery.
- Treatment and methaphylaxis of respiratory disease associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum in chickens.
- Treatment of respiratory disease associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
- Treatment of respiratory disease associated with tylvalosin sensitive strains of Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale in turkeys.