Table of contents
Evicto is an antiparasitic medicine used to treat and prevent infestations with parasites that live on the skin or in the fur of cats and dogs, such as fleas and mites, as well as treating worms that live inside the body. It is used in the following ways:
- to treat and prevent flea infestations in cats and dogs, by killing adult fleas, their larvae and their eggs on the animal, and in the litters of pregnant or nursing cats or dogs. It can also be used as part of a treatment for flea allergy dermatitis (skin inflammation),
- to prevent heartworm disease in cats and dogs,
- to treat ear mites in cats and dogs,
- to treat adult intestinal roundworms and hookworms in cats,
- to treat adult intestinal roundworms in dogs,
- to treat biting lice infestations in cats and dogs,
- to treat sarcoptic mange (scabies) in dogs.
Evicto contains the active substance selamectin and is a ‘generic medicine’. This means that Evicto contains the same active substance and works in the same way as a ‘reference medicine’ already authorised in the European Union (EU) called Stronghold.
Evicto : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/99.73 KB)
First published: 01/08/2019
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
This is a generic medicine, which is developed to be the same as a medicine that has already been authorised, called the reference medicine. A generic medicine contains the same active substance(s) as the reference medicine, and is used at the same dose(s) to treat the same disease(s). For more information, see Generic and hybrid medicines.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
1ère Avenue 2065 M - L.I.D.
07/10/2021 Evicto - EMEA/V/C/004973 - IG/1409/G
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
- Treatment and prevention of flea infestations caused by Ctenocephalides spp. for one month following a single administration. This is as a result of the adulticidal, larvicidal and ovicidal properties of the product. The product is ovicidal for 3 weeks after administration. Through a reduction in the flea population, monthly treatment of pregnant and lactating animals will also aid in the prevention of flea infestations in the litter up to seven week of age. The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis and through its ovicidal and larvicidal action may aid in the control of existing environmental flea infestations in area to which the animal has access.
- Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis with monthly administration. The product may be safely administered to animals infected with adult heartworms, however, it is recommended, in accordance with good veterinary practice, that all animals 6 months of age or more living in countries where a vector exists should be tested for existing adult heartworm infections before beginning medication with the product. It is also recommended that dogs should be tested periodically for adult heartworm infections, as an integral part of a heartworm prevention strategy, even when the product has been administered monthly. This product is not effective against adult D. immitis.
- Treatment of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
- Treatment of biting lice infestations (Felicola subrostratus)
- Treatment of adult roundworms (Toxocara cati)
- Treatment of adult intestinal hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme).
- Treatment of biting lice infestations (Trichodectes canis)
- Treatment of sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei)
- Treatment of adult intestinal roundworms (Toxocara canis).