The marketing authorisation for Ibaflin has been withdrawn at the request of the marketing authorisation holder.
Ibaflin : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/196.37 KB)
First published: 29/11/2007
Last updated: 29/11/2007
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Intervet International BV
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Intervet International B.V.
Wim de Körverstraat 35
5831 AN Boxmeer
26/05/2010 Ibaflin - EMEA/V/C/000052 - R/0019
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Antibacterials for systemic use
Ibaflin is indicated for the treatment of the following conditions in dogs:
- dermal infections (pyoderma - superficial and deep, wounds, abscesses) caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococci, Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis;
- acute, uncomplicated urinary-tract infections, caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococci, Proteus species, Enterobacter spp., E. coli and Klebsiella spp.;
- respiratory-tract infections (upper tract) caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococci, E. coli, and Klebsiella spp.
Ibaflin gel is indicated in dogs for the treatment of the following conditions:
- dermal infections (pyoderma - superficial and deep, wounds, abscesses) caused by susceptible pathogens such as Staphylococcus spp., E. coli and P. mirabilis.
Ibaflin gel is indicated in cats for treatment of the following conditions:
- dermal infections (soft-tissue infections - wounds, abscesses) caused by susceptible pathogens such as Staphylococcus spp., E. coli, Proteus spp. and Pasteurella spp.;
- upper respiratory-tract infections caused by susceptible pathogens such as Staphylococcus spp., E. coli, Klebsiella spp. and Pasteurella spp.