Melosus is an anti-inflammatory medicine used in dogs, cats and guinea pigs.
In dogs, Melosus is used to lessen inflammation and pain in musculo-skeletal disorders.
In cats, Melosus is used to reduce pain and inflammation after orthopaedic and minor soft tissue surgery. Moreover, it is used to lessen pain and inflammation in chronic musculo-skeletal disorders.
In guinea pigs Melosus is used to reduce pain after soft tissue surgery such as castration.
Melosus contains the active substance meloxicam and is a ‘generic medicine’. This means that Melosus contains the same active substance and works in the same way as a ‘reference medicine’ already authorised in the European Union (EU) called Metacam.
Melosus : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/95.58 KB)Adopted
First published: 28/02/2011
Last updated: 15/05/2019
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
This is a generic medicine, which is developed to be the same as a medicine that has already been authorised, called the reference medicine. A generic medicine contains the same active substance(s) as the reference medicine, and is used at the same dose(s) to treat the same disease(s). For more information, see Generic and hybrid medicines.
CP-Pharma Handelsgesellschaft mbH
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
20/01/2021 Melosus - EMEA/V/C/002001 - II/0012
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
- Alleviation of inflammation and pain in both acute and chronic musculo-skeletal disorders in dogs.
- Alleviation of mild to moderate post-operative pain and inflammation following surgical procedures in cats, e.g. orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery.
- Alleviation of pain and inflammation in chronic musculo-skeletal disorders in cats.
- Alleviation of mild to moderate post-operative pain associated with soft tissue surgery such as male castration.
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) 19-20 January 202122/01/2021