This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Naxcel. Its purpose is to explain how the assessment done by the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) on the basis of the documentation provided, led to the recommendations on the conditions of use.
This summary cannot replace a face-to-face discussion with your veterinarian. If you need more information about your animal’s medical condition or treatment, contact your veterinarian. If you want more information regarding the basis of the CVMP recommendations, read the scientific discussion (also part of the EPAR).
Naxcel : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/70.35 KB)
First published: 20/10/2009
Last updated: 03/06/2013
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Zoetis Belgium SA
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
17/07/2020 Naxcel - EMEA/V/C/000079 - IB/0039
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Antibacterials for systemic use
- Treatment of bacterial respiratory disease associated with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Pasteurella multocida, Haemophilus parasuis and Streptococcus suis.
- Treatment of septicaemia, polyarthritis or polyserositis associated with Streptococcus suis infection.
- Treatment of acute interdigital necrobacillosis in cattle also known as Panaritium or foot rot.
- Treatment of acute post-partum (puerperal) metritis in cattle, in cases where treatment with another antimicrobial has failed.