An overview of Pexion and why it is authorised in the EU
Pexion is a veterinary medicine used in dogs to:
- reduce the frequency of generalised seizures (fits affecting most or all of the brain) due to epilepsy of unknown causes (idiopathic). It should be used after careful evaluation of alternative treatment options;
- reduce anxiety and fear associated with noise phobia.
Pexion contains the active substance imepitoin
Pexion : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/85.38 KB)
First published: 26/03/2013
Last updated: 15/08/2018
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica GmbH
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
05/07/2018 Pexion - EMEA/V/C/002543 - II/0011/G
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
For the reduction of the frequency of generalised seizures due to idiopathic epilepsy in dogs for use after careful evaluation of alternative treatment options.