Table of contents
This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Prevomax.It explains how the Agency assessed this veterinary medicine to recommend its authorisation in the European Union (EU) and its conditions of use. It is not intended to provide practical advice on how to use Prevomax.
For practical information about using Prevomax, animal owners or keepers should read the package leaflet or contact their veterinarian or pharmacist.
Prevomax : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/77.47 KB)
First published: 06/07/2017
Last updated: 06/07/2017
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Dechra Regulatory B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
01/10/2021 Prevomax - EMEA/V/C/004331 - IG/1444
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Alimentary tract and metabolism
- For the treatment and prevention of nausea induced by chemotherapy
- For the prevention of vomiting except that induced by motion sickness
- For the treatment of vomiting, in combination with other supportive measures
- For the prevention of perioperative nausea and vomiting and improvement in recovery from general anaesthesia after use of the μ-opiate receptor agonist morphine
- For the prevention of vomiting and the reduction of nausea, except that induced by motion sickness
- For the treatment of vomiting, in combination with other supportive measures.
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) 7-9 September 202110/09/2021