sarolaner / moxidectin / pyrantel embonate
Simparica Trio is a veterinary medicine used to treat dogs with flea or tick infestations and roundworm or hookworm infections in the gut. At the same time, Simparica Trio is used to prevent heartworm and lungworm disease (both caused by blood worms that infect the heart and blood vessels supplying the lungs). It can also be used as part of a treatment for flea allergy dermatitis (an allergic reaction to flea bites). Simparica Trio contains the active substances sarolaner, moxidectin and pyrantel.
Simparica Trio : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/81.9 KB)
First published: 14/10/2019
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Zoetis Belgium S.A.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Rue Laid Burniat, 1
16/07/2021 Simparica Trio - EMEA/V/C/004846 - IB-0004
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
For dogs with, or at risk from, mixed external and internal parasitic infestations. The veterinary medicinal product is exclusively indicated when use against ticks or fleas and gastrointestinal nematodes is indicated at the same time. The veterinary medicinal product also provides concurrent efficacy for the prevention of heartworm disease and angiostrongylosis.
- For the treatment of tick infestations. The veterinary medicinal product has immediate and persistent tick killing activity for 5 weeks against Ixodes hexagonus, Ixodes ricinus and Rhipicephalus sanguineus and for 4 weeks against Dermacentor reticulatus;
- For the treatment of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis and Ctenocephalides canis). The veterinary medicinal product has immediate and persistent flea killing activity against new infestations for 5 weeks;
- The veterinary medicinal product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
For the treatment of gastrointestinal roundworm and hookworm infections:
- Toxocara canis immature adults (L5) and adults;
- Ancylostoma caninum L4 larvae, immature adults (L5) and adults;
- Toxascaris leonina adults;
- Uncinaria stenocephala adults.
- For the prevention of heartworm disease (Dirofilaria immitis);
- For the prevention of angiostrongylosis by reducing the level of infection with immature adult (L5) stages of Angiostrongylus vasorum.
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) 7-9 December 202110/12/2021
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) 10-12 May 202117/05/2021
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) 13-15 April 202116/04/2021