sarolaner / moxidectin / pyrantel embonate
Simparica Trio is a veterinary medicine used to treat dogs with flea or tick infestations and roundworm or hookworm infections in the gut. At the same time, Simparica Trio is used to prevent heartworm and lungworm disease (both caused by blood worms that infect the heart and blood vessels supplying the lungs). It can also be used as part of a treatment for flea allergy dermatitis (an allergic reaction to flea bites). Simparica Trio contains the active substances sarolaner, moxidectin and pyrantel.
Simparica Trio : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/81.9 KB)
First published: 14/10/2019
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Zoetis Belgium S.A.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
30/07/2020 Simparica Trio - EMEA/V/C/004846 - IAIN/0003/G
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
For dogs with, or at risk from, mixed external and internal parasitic infestations. The veterinary medicinal product is exclusively indicated when use against ticks or fleas and gastrointestinal nematodes is indicated at the same time. The veterinary medicinal product also provides concurrent efficacy for the prevention of heartworm disease and angiostrongylosis.
- For the treatment of tick infestations. The veterinary medicinal product has immediate and persistent tick killing activity for 5 weeks against Ixodes hexagonus, Ixodes ricinus and Rhipicephalus sanguineus and for 4 weeks against Dermacentor reticulatus;
- For the treatment of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis and Ctenocephalides canis). The veterinary medicinal product has immediate and persistent flea killing activity against new infestations for 5 weeks;
- The veterinary medicinal product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
For the treatment of gastrointestinal roundworm and hookworm infections:
- Toxocara canis immature adults (L5) and adults;
- Ancylostoma caninum L4 larvae, immature adults (L5) and adults;
- Toxascaris leonina adults;
- Uncinaria stenocephala adults.
- For the prevention of heartworm disease (Dirofilaria immitis);
- For the prevention of angiostrongylosis by reducing the level of infection with immature adult (L5) stages of Angiostrongylus vasorum.