Velactis : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/366.81 KB)
First published: 11/02/2016
Last updated: 25/01/2021
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Ceva Santé Animale
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
10 Avenue de la Ballastiere
11/12/2020 Velactis - EMEA/V/C/003739 -
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Genito urinary system and sex hormones
For use in the herd management programme of dairy cows as an aid in the abrupt drying-off by reducing milk production to:
- reduce milk leakage at drying off;
- reduce the risk of new intramammary infections during the dry period;
- reduce discomfort.
Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) 8-10 December 202011/12/2020
EMA recommends suspending the veterinary medicine Velactis used in dairy cows at the time of drying off15/07/2016