This is a summary of the European public assessment report. Its purpose is to explain how the assessment done by the Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP), on the basis of the documentation provided, led to the recommendations on the conditions of use.
This summary cannot replace a face-to-face discussion with your veterinarian. If you need more information about your animal’s medical condition or treatment, contact your veterinarian. If you want more information on the basis of the CVMP recommendations, read the scientific discussion (also part of the EPAR).
Veraflox : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/60.28 KB)
First published: 18/07/2011
Last updated: 18/07/2011
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Bayer Animal Health GmbH
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
26/03/2018 Veraflox - EMEA/V/C/000159 - IAIN-0018
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
ANTIBACTERIALS FOR SYSTEMIC USE
- wound infections caused by susceptible strains of the Staphylococcus intermedius group (including S. pseudintermedius);
- superficial and deep pyoderma caused by susceptible strains of the Staphylococcus intermedius group (including S. pseudintermedius);
- acute urinary-tract infections caused by susceptible strains of Escherichia coli and the Staphylococcus intermedius group (including S. pseudintermedius);
- as adjunctive treatment to mechanical or surgical periodontal therapy in the treatment of severe infections of the gingiva and periodontal tissues caused by susceptible strains of anaerobic organisms, for example Porphyromonas spp. and Prevotella spp.
Treatment of acute infections of the upper respiratory tract caused by susceptible strains of Pasteurella multocida, Escherichia coli and the Staphylococcus intermedius group (including S. pseudintermedius).