Becoming a member of one of EMA’s scientific advisory groups
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has launched a public call for scientific experts to express their interest in becoming members of its scientific advisory groups (SAGs). Individuals interested in joining a SAG are invited to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org 4 June 2021.
SAGs are providing independent advice on scientific or technical matters related to medicines under evaluation EMA’s Committee for Human Medicinal Products (CHMP) at EMA. There are currently SAGs for six different therapeutic areas:
- Scientific Advisory Group on Cardiovascular Products
- Scientific Advisory Group on Anti-infective Products
- Scientific Advisory Group on HIV / Viral Diseases
- Scientific Advisory Group on Neurology
- Inter-Committee Scientific Advisory Group on Oncology
- Scientific Advisory Group on Vaccines
Members of SAGs are typically top experts in their field who work in academic research or as healthcare providers. Independence is a key aspect of the role of the SAGs. Members cannot work for a pharmaceutical company and must not have financial interests in the pharmaceutical industry.
Details of the application procedure, including eligibility criteria is available in the public call for expression of interest for experts to become members of the European Medicines Agency's scientific advisory groups