Speakers confirmed for European Medicines Agency workshop on clinical-trial data and transparency
The European Medicines Agency has confirmed the panel of speakers at its workshop on clinical-trial data and transparency on 22 November 2012. The panel will include:
- Virginia Barbour (PLoS Medicine);
- Susan Forda (European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations);
- Ben Goldacre (author and journalist);
- Peter Gøtzsche (Cochrane Collaboration);
- François Houÿez (Eurordis);
- Giovanni Buttarelli (Deputy European Data Protection Supervisor);
- Gerhard Grill (Office of the European Ombudsman);
- Hans-Georg Eichler (Senior Medical Officer, European Medicines Agency);
- Guido Rasi (Executive Director, European Medicines Agency).
The workshop will be moderated by Sir Mark Walport, Director of the Wellcome Trust.
The Agency organised this workshop following its announcement that it will proactively publish clinical-trial data and enable access to full data sets by interested parties. It sets out to address a number of practical and policy issues before these complex data sets can be made available, and to listen to the views, interests, and concerns from a broad range of institutions, groups and individuals.
Due to an overwhelming response, registration for participation is now closed. A live broadcast of the event will be available to a limited number of registrants. To register, send your name and e-mail address to email@example.com.
The Agency will also publish a video recording of the workshop in early December.