The European Medicines Agency (EMA) publishes details of the members and alternates of its Paediatric Committee (PDCO).
The PDCO consists of:
- a chair, elected by serving PDCO members;
- five members of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), with their alternates. These members are nominated by the CHMP;
- one member and one alternate nominated by each EU Member State that is not represented by the members nominated by the CHMP;
- one member and an alternate nominated by each of the EEA-EFTA States;
- three members and three alternates representing patients' associations nominated by the European Commission;
- three members and three alternates representing healthcare professionals nominated by the European Commission.
All members and alternates serve on the committee for a renewable three year period.
List of members and alternates
The list includes each member's and alternate's:
- curriculum vitae;
- declaration of interests and confidentiality undertaking.
For more information on EMA's policy on handling competing interests for committee members, see Handling competing interests.
For contact details, please refer to the affiliated organisations of individual committee members.
Members nominated from within the CHMP
Members nominated by Member States