Union Pharmacovigilance Database: follow up webinar on collection and recording of suspected adverse events for veterinary medicinal products
Table of contents
Location: Online, 10:00-13:00 Amsterdam time (CET)
The Veterinary Medicinal Products Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2019/6) calls for the establishment of a Union Pharmacovigilance Database by 28 January 2022. The European Medicines Agency will therefore launch an enhanced and upgraded EudraVigilance Veterinary (EVVet3) system to process and manage veterinary pharmacovigilance messages.
EVVet3 will provide the following capabilities:
- Data submission, which includes the sending of adverse event report (AER) messages either via a gateway or a user interface. It also includes validation, conversion, routing, loading and acknowledgement of messages, as well as supporting functionalities to search, view and download AER data.
- Data quality management, which includes the processes of message recoding, duplicate management and transformation of data for the analytical tools.
- Data analysis, which involves the tools for analysing AER data for signal detection, signal prioritisation, signal validation, signal evaluation and recommendation for action.
- Signal management and pharmacovigilance (PhV) inspection outcomes, which provides for the processing of signal management activities carried out by the marketing authorisation holder and the storing of the results of pharmacovigilance inspections.
- Data publishing, which involves making AER data and other information related to pharmacovigilance activities available to the public.
- Integration points with other systems, such as user registration and management and management of organisation data, controlled terminologies, and product data.
This webinar is part of a series of training events on the new EVVet3 system and is a follow up of the session held on 10 November 2021 and it will demonstrate the basic functionalities of EVV system for recording, searching and downloading suspected adverse event reports.
Agenda - Union Pharmacovigilance Database: follow up webinar on collection and recording of suspected adverse events (AEs) for veterinary medicinal products (PDF/140.45 KB)
First published: 07/01/2022
Presentation - UPD: follow up webinar on collection and recording of suspected adverse events for veterinary medicinal products (L.Descalzo, EMA) (PDF/726.48 KB)
First published: 26/01/2022