rosiglitazone / metformin
The marketing authorisation for Avandamet has expired following the marketing-authorisation holder’s decision not to apply for a renewal.
Avandamet : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/752.38 KB)
First published: 18/09/2008
Last updated: 08/06/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
SmithKline Beecham Plc
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
SmithKline Beecham plc
980 Great West Road,
Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9GS
03/12/2010 Avandamet - EMEA/H/C/000522 - A20/0063
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Drugs used in diabetes
AVANDAMET is indicated in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients, particularly overweight patients:
- who are unable to achieve sufficient glycaemic control at their maximally tolerated dose of oral metformin alone.
- in triple oral therapy with sulphonylurea in patients with insufficient glycaemic control despite dual oral therapy with their maximally tolerated dose of metformin and a sulphonylurea (see section 4.4).