rosiglitazone / metformin
The marketing authorisation for Avandamet has expired following the marketing-authorisation holder’s decision not to apply for a renewal.
Avandamet : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/752.38 KB)
First published: 18/09/2008
Last updated: 08/06/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
SmithKline Beecham Plc
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
SmithKline Beecham plc
980 Great West Road,
Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9GS
03/12/2010 Avandamet - EMEA/H/C/000522 - A20/0063
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Drugs used in diabetes
AVANDAMET is indicated in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients, particularly overweight patients:
- who are unable to achieve sufficient glycaemic control at their maximally tolerated dose of oral metformin alone.
- in triple oral therapy with sulphonylurea in patients with insufficient glycaemic control despite dual oral therapy with their maximally tolerated dose of metformin and a sulphonylurea (see section 4.4).