Fycompa is an epilepsy medicine for treating:
- partial seizures (fits starting in one specific part of the brain), including those followed by generalised seizures affecting all of the brain, in patients from 4 years of age;
- primary generalised tonic-clonic seizures (major fits fit affecting most or all of the brain) in patients from 7 years of age when the cause of epilepsy is unknown.
Fycompa must only be used as an ‘add-on’ therapy to other anti-epileptic medicines. It contains the active substance perampanel.
Fycompa : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/134.75 KB)
First published: 07/08/2012
Last updated: 13/01/2021
Fycompa : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/165.67 KB)
First published: 13/01/2021
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
10/03/2021 Fycompa - EMEA/H/C/002434 - IA/0057
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Fycompa is indicated for the adjunctive treatment of partial-onset seizures with or without secondarily generalised seizures in adult and adolescent patients from 12 years of age with epilepsy.
Fycompa is indicated for the adjunctive treatment of primary generalised tonic-clonic seizures in adult and adolescent patients from 12 years of age with idiopathic generalised epilepsy.