This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Nevanac. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Nevanac.
Nevanac : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/72.99 KB)
First published: 14/01/2008
Last updated: 09/09/2016
Nevanac : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/47.29 KB)
First published: 06/07/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Novartis Europharm Limited
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
18/10/2021 Nevanac - EMEA/H/C/000818 - IB/0051
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Nevanac is indicated for:
- prevention and treatment of postoperative pain and inflammation associated with cataract surgery;
- reduction in the risk of postoperative macular oedema associated with cataract surgery in diabetic patients.