NovoMix is a range of insulin medicines used to treat patients who have diabetes and need insulin to keep their blood glucose (sugar) level controlled. NovoMix medicines contain the active substance insulin aspart (100 units/ml) combined with protamine to make it longer acting. It is available as:
- NovoMix 30 (30% insulin aspart and 70% insulin aspart protamine)
- NovoMix 50 (50% insulin aspart and 50% insulin aspart protamine)
- NovoMix 70 (70% insulin aspart and 30% insulin aspart protamine).
NovoMix 30 can be used in patients from 10 years of age. NovoMix 50 and NovoMix 70 can only be used in adults (from 18 years of age).
NovoMix : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/129.92 KB)
First published: 04/10/2007
Last updated: 16/08/2019
NovoMix : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/56.14 KB)
First published: 16/08/2019
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Novo Nordisk A/S
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
24/09/2020 NovoMix - EMEA/H/C/000308 - WS/1901
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Drugs used in diabetes
Treatment of diabetes mellitus.