Ofev is a medicine used to treat adults with:
- idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), a disease of unknown cause in which fibrous tissue forms in the lungs;
- systemic sclerosis associated interstitial lung disease, a disease in which the immune system (the body’s natural defences) is overactive, causing production of fibrous tissue and progressive scarring of the lungs;
- other chronic fibrosing interstitial lung diseases which are progressive.
Ofev contains the active substance nintedanib.
Ofev : EPAR - Medicines overview (PDF/141.81 KB)
First published: 13/02/2015
Last updated: 28/07/2020
Ofev : EPAR - Risk Management Plan (PDF/2.39 MB)
First published: 26/06/2023
Last updated: 01/08/2023
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Binger Strasse 173 55216
Ingelheim am Rhein
28/07/2023 Ofev - EMEA/H/C/003821 - X/0052/G
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Ofev is indicated in adults for the treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF).