This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Ovitrelle. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Ovitrelle.
Ovitrelle : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/56.51 KB)
First published: 10/11/2006
Last updated: 30/09/2011
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Merck Europe B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
20/09/2018 Ovitrelle - EMEA/H/C/000320 - T/0075
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Sex hormones and modulators of the genital system
Ovitrelle is indicated in the treatment of:
- women undergoing superovulation prior to assisted reproductive techniques such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF): Ovitrelle is administered to trigger final follicular maturation and luteinisation after stimulation of follicular growth;
- anovulatory or oligo-ovulatory women: Ovitrelle is administered to trigger ovulation and luteinisation in anovulatory or oligo-ovulatory patients after stimulation of follicular growth.