Riximyo is a medicine used in adults to treat the following blood cancers and inflammatory conditions:
- follicular lymphoma and diffuse large B cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (two types of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a blood cancer);
- chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL, another blood cancer affecting white blood cells);
- granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA or Wegener’s granulomatosis) and microscopic polyangiitis (MPA), which are inflammatory conditions of the blood vessels;
- pemphigus vulgaris, a serious condition involving widespread blistering of the skin and lining of the mouth, nose, throat and genitals.
Depending on the condition it is used to treat, Riximyo may be given on its own, or with chemotherapy (cancer medicines) or medicines used for inflammatory disorders (methotrexate or a corticosteroid).
Riximyo contains the active substance rituximab.
Riximyo is a ‘biosimilar medicine’. This means that Riximyo is highly similar to another biological medicine (the ‘reference medicine’) that is already authorised in the EU. The reference medicine for Riximyo is MabThera. For more information on biosimilar medicines, see below.
Riximyo : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/123.38 KB) (updated)
First published: 28/07/2017
Last updated: 13/01/2020
Riximyo : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/512.21 KB)
First published: 10/08/2018
Last updated: 10/08/2018
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
16/09/2019 Riximyo - EMEA/H/C/004729 - IB/0025/G
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Riximyo is indicated in adults for the following indications:
Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL)
- Riximyo is indicated for the treatment of previously untreated patients with stage III-IV follicular lymphoma in combination with chemotherapy.
- Riximyo maintenance therapy is indicated for the treatment of follicular lymphoma patients responding to induction therapy.
- Riximyo monotherapy is indicated for treatment of patients with stage III-IV follicular lymphoma who are chemoresistant or are in their second or subsequent relapse after chemotherapy.
- Riximyo is indicated for the treatment of patients with CD20 positive diffuse large B cell non Hodgkin’s lymphoma in combination with CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, prednisolone) chemotherapy.
- Riximyo in combination with methotrexate is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with severe active rheumatoid arthritis who have had an inadequate response or intolerance to other disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARD) including one or more tumour necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitor therapies.
- Rituximab has been shown to reduce the rate of progression of joint damage as measured by X-ray and to improve physical function, when given in combination with methotrexate.
Granulomatosis with polyangiitis and microscopic polyangiitis
- Riximyo, in combination with glucocorticoids, is indicated for the induction of remission in adult patients with severe, active granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener’s) (GPA) and microscopic polyangiitis (MPA).